top of page
7th & ST HELENS
The year is 1945, and looking down St. Helens Avenue at the intersection of Market Street & South 7th, downtown is bustling with the original Tacoma News Tribune building on the left-hand side of the street and J.T.’s Tavern on the right.
During this time, street lighting was a new concept, and Downtown Tacoma was in the process of updating and adding modern street fixtures into the landscape.
bottom of page